Zetia is proven to help in reducing bad cholesterol which can assist in stopping serious problems such as heart attack and stroke. Zetia gives superb results which can help you feel much better and more significantly, healthy if combined with healthy diets.
Zetia, recognized by the generic ezetimibe, is a medicinal drug that assists decrease cholesterol soaked up by the body. Zetia is a good supplement suggested for use even when associated with a healthy diet or even when diet and physical exercise aren’t sufficient.
Common Aspects About Cholesterol
Cholesterol is an element of our body. It isn’t an illness or even something unlikable if found in low quantities. Cholesterol is a fat-like compound found in the bloodstream and in the cells of our body. It aids preserve a healthy body as long as it is not overly abundant.
There are two types of cholesterol; one produced by your body accounts for 75% of usual cholesterol levels – good cholesterol (a non-technical name for high-density lipoprotein).
The other kind gets into the body through the eating of certain sorts of food – bad cholesterol (a non-technical name for low-density lipoprotein). Risk arises when you consume too much fat and otherwise harmful food which boosts the quantity of cholesterol in your body.
Zetia helps you reduce bad cholesterol which can assist in stopping serious problems such as heart attack and stroke.
Safeguards Before Taking Zetia
When using Zetia, there is an increased possibility of myopathy (any illness affecting muscles or muscle tissue) and you must on time report any muscle pains, weakness, or softness to your doctor.
If you have previously had or now have liver diseases, notify your doctor before taking this medicine
It is not identified yet if Zetia has side effects on pregnant women or if the remedy passes through breast milk. Before taking this medication, you ought to check with your doctor.
Management, Dosage And Advices
- Zetia must be strictly taken only as prescribed.
- This prescription should be taken with a full glass of water either with or without food.
- If you take any additional medications besides Zetia, you should get this medication no less than 2 hours prior to or 4 hours later the bile acid sequestrate.
- A healthy low fat diet aids this medicine achieve better results.
- It takes a while before you get visible benefits; do not suspend unexpectedly discontinue treatment.
- If you overlook a dose, take it when possible, but if it is almost time for the next dose skip it. Don’t take two doses at once.
Zetia’s Likely Interaction With Other Drugs
Notify your doctor if you are taking other medicines before starting Zetia. There are quite a few medications which interrelate with Zetia and can make serious and dangerous effects to the human body.
Several common medicinal treatments or substances with which Zetia interrelates are: lovastin (Mevacor), cyclosporine (Neoral, Gengraf), and clofibrate.
Potential Side Effects
As any medical drug, side effects may become visible while taking Zetia. Side effects are usually mild and uncommon, but it is significant to recognize that the following side effects may happen:
- Allergic Reaction: swelling of the lips, tongue, difficulty in breathing, itching
- Headache (pain in the head, caused by dilation of cerebral arteries, muscle contraction, insufficient oxygen in the cerebral blood, response to drugs, etc)
- Abdominal Pain
Zetia does not treat high cholesterol. The medicine only aids maintain a standard level of cholesterol in the blood. When associated with a healthy diet, Zetia gives superb results which can help you feel much better and more significantly, healthy.