Table of Contents
- 1 Cholesterol Information
- 2 Basic Information about Cholesterol
- 3 Diverse Sorts of Cholesterol
- 4 Best Information On How To Combat Cholesterol
- 5 How to Reduce Cholesterol Naturally?
- 6 High Cholesterol Information
- 7 Lower Cholesterol Information Resources
Future health problems are a definite if you have high levels of cholesterol in your blood. A high amount of cholesterol can put you at risk for heart disease, heart attack, and stroke. Too much cholesterol inhibits circulation, and can cause high blood pressure, gallstones, impotence, and foggy memory.
Top 3 Cholesterol Medications We Recommend
However, cholesterol is not the demon everyone makes it out to be. The body, for the proper function of cells, nerves, and hormones requires it. Life without this substance would be impossible, because it is an essential component of every cell.
In order for cholesterol to travel through the body, substances called lipoproteins carry it through the blood. One form of lipoproteins is called low-density lipoproteins (LDLs), which transports cholesterol from the liver that produces it to the cells that require it. The other lipoprotein is called high-density lipoproteins (HDLs), which collects the excess cholesterol from the cells and transports it back to the liver, where it is broken down and transported out of the body or reused.
When everything is working the way it’s supposed to, the lipoproteins usually keeps cholesterol levels balanced.
However, at times this system can go out of whack when the body produces more cholesterol than the HDL can take away. After the cells take what they need, the HDL carries away whatever they can, and the left over cholesterol remains in the blood.
As the cholesterol remain stagnant in the blood, it can become oxidized (usually the LDL cholesterol) where it attaches to artery walls causing inflammation. This inflammation leads to further build-up and deposition of cholesterol and plaque on the interior walls of the arteries. This build-up then inhibits the amount of blood that can pass through the arteries by blocking them. This is what we call arteriosclerosis or hardening of the arteries.
Arteriosclerosis is the beginning of heart disease. If this is left untreated, it will surely lead to a stroke or a heart attack.
The Western diet plays a big role in elevated cholesterol, which predominantly consists of saturated fats, animal products, and refined carbohydrates. Diseases such as diabetes, insulin resistance, and heredity can also cause high cholesterol. However, diet can also play a role in these cases. This is proof that high cholesterol can be treated with improved diet and exercise. There are also good non-pharmaceutical ways to bring down cholesterol levels. Reducing stress can also be a major benefit.
Before you try any cholesterol lowering medication on the market, it is highly recommended that you try natural remedies or strategies. Although these medications lower your cholesterol, they’re toxic to your liver, and can cause other health problems as wells as nutritional deficiencies. However, these drugs may be necessary in some cases, but many doctors prescribe them out of custom.
There are also doctors that prescribe these drugs to patients that they may not trust to make the lifestyle changes necessary to lower their cholesterol naturally. If you were to be prescribed a cholesterol-lowering drug, let your doctor know that you are willing to make dietary and lifestyle changes to avoid dependency on drugs.
Basic Information about Cholesterol
Cholesterol is a waxy, fatty substance that is discovered in each and every cell of the physique. It is involved in the production of cell membranes, some hormones, vitamin D, bile acids, and other tissues in the physique. It also insulates nerves. Cholesterol is created in the liver, but we also get cholesterol from our diet program.
The quantity of cholesterol in the physique depends on aspects such as the rate of cholesterol production in the liver, the rate of cholesterol clearance from the physique, the quantity of dietary fat (especially saturated fat) and to a lesser extent, cholesterol consumed.
The excess cholesterol in our physique circulates in the bloodstream. High levels of cholesterol in the blood can clog blood vessels and boost the danger for heart illness and stroke.
Diverse Sorts of Cholesterol
Low-Density Lipoprotein (or LDL) cholesterol is a negative sort of cholesterol that is most likely to clog blood vessels, raising you threat for heart illness.
High-Density Lipoprotein (or HDL) cholesterol is a very good variety of cholesterol. HDL cholesterol assists clear the LDL cholesterol out of the blood and reduces your danger for heart illness.
Cholesterol & Heart Illness
High cholesterol is one of the key contributors to heart illness. Analysis strongly indicates that lowering of cholesterol leads to a drop in the occurrence of heart illness. The key cause for this is due to the fact with less blood cholesterol; there is less plaque formation inside the arterial walls. This will reduce the probabilities or an artery becoming blocked and causing a heart attack or stroke. Also, blood will flow by means of arteries with higher ease and this can lower blood Anxiety.
Causes which lead to a Rise in Cholesterol:
- Negative consuming habits
- Excess weight or Obesity
- Heredity element
- Day-to-day Pressure
- Over Alcohol consumption
Best Information On How To Combat Cholesterol
Having high cholesterol is never a good sign. It can trigger a lot of medical conditions, cause you to become obese and create complications in the heart as well as the kidney and other vital organs in the body.
Learning how to lower cholesterol is easy. The information is already out there. We can obtain thousands of tips from internet articles as well as magazines and friends. But the only important thing that we have to understand is what our main reason for lowering down our cholesterol is; what will motivate us to change our way of living. No advice will ever be good enough to convince a person to change unless they have great reasons for doing so.
1. To improve the quality of life, who would want to be overweight forever; who would want to be uncomfortable with their own body? Learn how to lower cholesterol and use this reason as motivation. Lower down the cholesterol to feel good about the way we are and the way we live.
2. After being diagnosed with high cholesterol, you have to understand the self-defeating patterns and attitudes as well as way of living that contribute to the high level of cholesterol. This could be caused by eating too many salty and sugary foods. After considering that as one of the reasons, ask yourself why you are addicted.
3. Being addicted to fatty foods and sugary foods is not just an appetite problem. There are underlying emotional issues that lead you to over eat. Are you stressed lately? What is causing all of the stress that leads you to eat more than what you need?
4. After figuring out the stressors and understanding why you eat too much, you need to accept and be willing to forgive yourself. Yes, it is true you have not done the best for yourself lately but it is never too late.
5. Eat healthier. There is no such miracle diet that would suddenly show you how to lower the cholesterol except by increasing the intake of more fruits and vegetables. Replace the fatty meals and processed foods. If you are eating burgers and fries almost every day, then make sure to lessen it. Eat burgers only twice a week instead of every day and make sure to fill your plate with healthier servings. Instead of snacking on donuts, snack on apples and grapes instead. It is all about changing the food choices and not really about skipping meals.
6. Skipping meals is not one way to lower cholesterol in fact it can slow down the metabolism. It would be best to eat fibre rich foods instead and omega 3 rich fatty acids. It is all about eating the good fat.
7. Never underestimate the power of exercise. However, before starting an exercise regime, make sure to consult the doctor regarding the form of exercise that would work best for your condition most, especially if you have a heart condition. Start with yoga and meditation then progress to other sports.
These are just some tips on how to lower cholesterol. There are still many things you can pick up on the Web.
How to Reduce Cholesterol Naturally?
The food that we eat determines how our body will function. It has a lot to do with our cholesterol levels by eating foods that lower cholesterol we can change the way we feel and the way our body reacts. While it is true that fruits and vegetables are good for the body. Not all of them are formulated as food for lower cholesterol functions. There are food choices that would better target the problem of high cholesterol.
1. Eating oats is one of the best ways to lower cholesterol. It has been proven so many times. Advertisers promote it as a morning meal. By choosing to eat oats in the morning, a person can lower their cholesterol by 5.3% within the span of 6 weeks. It contains beta-glucan which absorbs bad cholesterol. After that, the body will excrete it. Eating oats regularly can really help you lose weight.
2. Eating and drinking yogurt products. Yogurt is a part of the foods that lower cholesterol. It can be eaten together with fruits like melon, strawberry, blueberries, dragon fruit and coconuts. Aside from lowering cholesterol, it also helps in making the immune system stronger.
3. Red wine has also been included for foods for lowering cholesterol. It contains high-fibre Tempranillo that is added to wine and that is may have significant effects on cholesterol levels. People who consumed more red wine lowered their cholesterol considerably.
4. Eat more salmon. They contain omega 3 fatty acids which can help lower cholesterol and produce new brain cells. They can also help people avoid heart disease, dementia, Alzheimer’s and other brain related diseases. Eat more sardines, herring and salmon and increase the number of good cholesterol in the body.
5. Instead of snacking on junk foods and candy why not eat more nuts, nuts, walnuts, cashews, pistachio and other types of nuts can lower bad cholesterol and almonds as well. But remember never too eat too much of any of this foods. Moderation is still the key.
6. Add more beans to your soup and meals. It has also been proven to lower cholesterol. It can absorb the cholesterol in certain foods. Try eating more black beans, white beans, and pinto bean in order to meet the fibre requirement of your body.
7. Learn the art of drinking tea. Aside from lowering cholesterol, tea is also very good in fighting cancer cells due to the high number of anti-oxidants. It provides a good defence against LDL cholesterol levels. Black tea has shown to reduce blood lipids in just 3 weeks according to research findings and might prove to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
8. Good news, chocolate is also included in foods that lower cholesterol. Remember, to choose the dark or bitter sweet kind of chocolate and not the milk chocolate variety in order to get more antioxidants that can help in preventing blood platelets from sticking together in order for you to avoid getting your arteries clogged.
High Cholesterol Information
What does it mean to have high, normal or low cholesterol? The level of cholesterol in your body is measured in milligrams, and you want a rating below 220 milligrams per decilitre. People with high cholesterol have milligram ratings above that magic number.
Listed below are the different classifications of cholesterol levels:
- 180 MPD: Normal cholesterol level.
- 180-199 MPD: Normal, but a little high, no cause for concern.
- 200-219 MPD: Borderline cholesterol, the point at which you should change some lifestyle habits to improve your rating.
- 220+ MPD: High cholesterol, which means you are at risk of heart disease and should make immediate lifestyle changes.
More than 98 million adults in the United States struggle with high cholesterol. The foods we eat, our exercise habits, or body types and even our family histories can contribute to the build-up of cholesterol in our arteries – and that can lead to heart disease. To lower your cholesterol, doctors recommend a mix of dieting and exercise and sometimes the use of medications, herbal treatments or other types of natural and alternative therapies. Clinical researchers are constantly finding new ways to treat high cholesterol.
Lower Cholesterol Information Resources
Cholesterol is a kind of fat that takes a waxy form. It is processed in the liver and intestines. Its main function is to produce hormones and cell membranes for the blood plasma. Another use of cholesterol is for the production of bile acids and Vitamin D. Simply put, it is important in maintaining the permeability and fluidity of the cell membranes. It is normal for people to have cholesterol but the levels need to be moderated. To avoid the health risks of high cholesterol, it is important to arm yourself with helpful lower cholesterol information.
There are many available resources about lowering cholesterol or high cholesterol treatments these days. There are magazines and books that you can read to get lower cholesterol information but there are also websites to help you with the information that you need. For instance, there are websites that provide lower cholesterol mini courses and other guides. Most of these guides will help you know how to calculate your cholesterol ratio and why should you do it, how to lower your cholesterol through diet and medications or supplements, and a lot more.
If you look for lower cholesterol information online, you will surely find ones that are about the benefits of having a low cholesterol level. A lower cholesterol level will also result in a much better operation of the circulatory system. With a good or normal level of cholesterol, one can enjoy good blood circulation because the heart can easily pump blood.
This also results in more energy for other processes in the body since the heart will not consume much energy for its functions. A person with low cholesterol level can avoid fatal conditions such as heart attack and stroke. In contrary, a person with a high cholesterol level gets some of cholesterol blocking his arteries and veins. Cases of heart attacks are caused by blockage in the arteries. The arteries are usually blocked with a blood clot or even cholesterol.
Although, there are medications and supplements that are offered to people who have high cholesterol levels, most courses that provide lower cholesterol information claim that the diet is the main key to achieving a low cholesterol level.
Garlic is a staple in many food cuisines. In fact, you can look at recipe books and most of the recipes will start with a “sauté garlic” step. Garlic definitely has wonders in making your food more delicious and appetizing. Most importantly, it can do wonders in your cholesterol level. It is one of the most effective natural remedy for conditions of very high cholesterol level.
Cholesterol is part of the body. It is important in producing hormones and cell membranes as well as in making bile acids and Vitamin D.
However, too high a cholesterol level in the body can be dangerous as it may result in deadly conditions namely heart attack and stroke. To avoid high cholesterol level-related problems, you can get free courses that will provide you with lower cholesterol information, such as the foods that can help in lowering the cholesterol level.